I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

My spouse and me personally you want to invest some days in London in September

My partner is filipina, she’s the belgian residency card and filipino passport.

We do not find appropriate subjects about it, also on embassy web web web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, birth and wedding certification, DOES SHE WANT TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

You want to prevent the customs in UK telling us “No, no entry, your spouse requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies for this subject

Perhaps you have checked regarding the website that is following?

It seems IF she has an Article 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen” that she may not need a visa

Needless to say we examined this amazing site but :

Are you considering travelling with or visiting either your spouse or perhaps a grouped member of the family in britain?

That is the concern we dont realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or nationality that is european ?

If we answer yes, no need visa.

When we reply no, then a visa is required

For people you can find different definitions. Im maybe maybe not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe maybe not english.

Exactly what your spouse needs is determined by which type of residence card she’s got. You can find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

If she’s got a residence card released under Belgian domestic legislation that is perhaps not articles 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she additionally needs to make an application for an EEA Family allow. There’s no fee for acquiring an EEA Family license.

In either situation, she actually is just eligible to journey to great britain WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. Like said, it really is your duty to test your very own situation, but the conditions for entry are explained here:

Your lady is travelling you are (presumably) the holder of an EEA country passport with you. The point that is critical – and just you can easily respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure by having an www.bestrussianbrides.org explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is demonstrably shown from the her F card “Residency card of family member of an EU citizen”, so I assume we will avoid to pay for useless charge. Many Many Thanks a great deal for the good and answers that are fast

HI, I am in the exact same situation she has an Belgium F card as you: I’m a Belgian, live and work in Belgium, my wife is Kenyan. This indicates that it’s perhaps not articles 10 card, thus I guess we truly need an EEA household license. This will depend as to how you see the relevant question in the gov.uk web site as mentioned before : are you travelling with or visiting either your spouse or a member of family in the united kingdom? so, does which means that i want to reside or act as an Belgium in the united kingdom or otherwise not? I merely like to bring a tourist check out beside me n my spouse to London for X-mas.

The following issue: then afther going right through the “apply” website link within the phrase “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for an EEA family license” with this web site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit whenever we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my partner will join me personally toghetter to carry a quick trip to UK, and then we do want to apply for the EEA family license, totally free THEN we result in some sort of cycle with similar concern about what kind of visa we have to submit an application for and also to make an application for various kinds of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere can be found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a trip or transportation visa” neither on “submit an application for all the visas” afther we run the enormeous questionlist, we wound up in submit an application for an 6month visa for the charge of 110 euro. Therefore in my experience, it’s not possible to try to get an EEA family license from the formal site. Can anybody help? Thanks

Under many circumstances, your lady will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, which can be similarly good) until you are “exercising your straight to free motion” in a EU/EEA country that is perhaps maybe not your property nation (ie maybe maybe perhaps not Belgium). Then you would be exercising that right and your wife could get a card under Article 10 and travel with you to the UK without a visa or an EEA Family Permit if you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it wouldn’t matter which country. She’d just require her very own national passport and her wedding certification.

For the 2nd concern, regrettably, the web system does not let me see just what alternatives you might be offered unless we create a dummy account and then make a dummy application. My understanding is the fact that there’s two problems:

When navigating the web site, it generally does not offer you any choice to choose “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING an account has been created by you.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for “EEA Family Permit” after you have created an account,. From memory, i really believe (but just think, that you have to select from the boxes as follows answers in brackets because I can;t see that section of the site):


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The wizard that is website then show you through all of those other procedure without any indication you need to pay a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance aided by the home business office recently, and received an answer which they “will observe your feedback up with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which can be the main home business office, and certainly will make use of them to help make the content better if necessary” as well as a closing ticket for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, 29, 2018 october

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply